I cannot believe it’s that time of year again.
Actually I can.
I start counting down to Christmas in September.
I can believe it’s that time and let me tell you..
I live for the Christmas time.
For the peppermint flavored everything.
And Elf all over TV.
For Christmas music on the radio.
And lights on everything.
This is my time.
It wasn’t until the middle of December last year when I was trying to think of a blog post to write.
I had this idea to write a blog post every day leading up to the new year.
To challenge myself and force something out of me.
To get myself out of my comfort zone.
I’m all about that life.
Not all about being out of my comfort zone, to clarify.
But trying to get out of my comfort zone.
There’s a difference.
That challenge was so fun for me.
So obviously I had to do it again.
I’ve just had the hardest time coming up with what to write.
I wanted to prepare a list before I actually started writing.
Asked people for help.
And originally decided on 31 ideas.
Most of them were not me.
I could have written them, but they weren’t me.
They would have been fake.
To try and fit some “blogger” model and I don’t want to be someone else.
I want to be me, it sounds more fun.
I want to write.
To express myself and not try to be someone I’m not.
The ideas that I have this year are like last year.
Not someone else.
Not to get ahead of myself, but I think that’s important.
To be you.
Not some person that you think you should be.
Or that others want to see.
These posts will be me.
They will be whatever I want.
So thank you.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to read what I write.
It means so much to me that people read it, let alone like it.
If this is the first time you’re reading something I’ve written, thank you as well.
I hope you stick around.
I appreciate you reading my posts and appreciating me for who I am.
Below I have 10 random facts about me for your reading pleasure.
I hope you enjoy this years blogging challenge, Blog to 2019.
10 Random Facts.
1. I strongly believe that Home Alone 2: Lost in New York is better than the original Home Alone.
2. I cannot swim.
3. I would love to be a contestant on The Wheel of Fortune..that show is my JAM.
4. If you asked what my favorite movie is I’d say Shawshank Redemption, but it’s really Step Brothers. **if you get this friends reference high five to you**
5. My favorite type of dessert is a warm brownie.
6. I know an insane amount of song lyrics.
7. I’m a very type A personality, just call me Monica Geller.
8. My Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw…Gryffindor’s are overrated.
9. I love re-watching shows on Netflix. It takes a lot for me to try something new. Definitely a creature of habit.
10. I still believe in Santa Claus.