I have a few favorite places.
That bring me so much joy and happiness.
Places where I can guarantee I’ll have a great time.
That have made memories that’ll last a lifetime.
Minto Brown Park.
New York City.
The Beach at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas.
My College Track.
Out of all of my favorite places there’s always one that will stand out.
One that can cure my loneliness, a broken heart, or my absolute boredom.
Yes you read that correctly.
Target will always have my heart.
I think it started freshman year in College up in Portland.
Janelle and I didn’t have our car up at school and we ran out of coffee quite often.
Since we drank more coffee than Lorelai and Rory Gilmore combined.
The Target was less than a mile away and there was a walking path that led straight to it.
It became our little place.
Fast forward to age 28 where I just go to Target because I’m bored.
But it’s true.
Where my fellow Target addicts at?!
I thought it would be great to document the thoughts that occur in my mind while shopping at this little slice of heaven.
Some thoughts that I’m sure many of my fellow Target connoisseurs might appreciate.
101 thoughts while shopping at Target.
- Did I lock my car? Wait where are my keys?
- Oh there they are.
- Car Honk
- Okay NOW it’s locked.
- Remember you only need q tips and dog food.
- DON’T FORGET.
- I know you…
- Hmm do I need a shopping cart or a basket.
- The shopping carts are all wet..a basket it is.
- Oh how I love the dollar spot.
- These little lights are 3 dollars?! Heck yeah I need battery operated lights. Thanks Target!
- Wait cardigans are only 20 dollars? I’ll get two!!
- Megan..you can’t get two black ones though..you already have a couple black ones at home..but they go with everything..
- Live a little..add some color to your life Megan…
- Gray it is!!
- You little frugal fiend you.
- These are the cutest little PJ’s!!
- But you sleep in sweats and old t-shirts Megan do you need PJ’s?
- Yes because if I have cute PJ’s I’ll wear them more often…duh.
- PJ’s it is!!
- ooooo the movie section.
- Such cheap little movies.
- Easy-A..that’s a classic! Yes Please!
- There’s Something About Mary? I love that movie! Just buy it Megan, you don’t actually own it.
- CD’s?! No one buys CD’s anymore..silly target.
- But they do read!!
- Another Young Adult coming of age book…get in my little basket you!
- I should have gotten a cart.
- Valentine’s day candy is on sale?? I mean..I do love peanut butter cups shaped like hearts..obviously…who doesn’t.
- Yessssss the wine section.
- This Moscato is heavy though.
- It’ll be ok, I’ll just consider this my workout for the day.
- Insert arm curls with basket.
- Do I need more coffee?
- Good thing it’s by the wine.
- Target it’s like you had me in mind when you created your aisles.
- You’re the only one that gets me sometimes Target.
- This one smells like boys cologne, we have a winner!
- Definitely should have gotten a cart.
- Okay Megan stay on course..get back to the food..
- But they have throw blankets!
- Oh no the freezer section..
- Should have brought a sweater.
- Why am I always cold?
- Oh Ben and Jerry’s is two for six dollars?!
- I’ll just buy Jason some and that way I have to buy myself some.
- Good logic Megan.
- You’re so smart.
- Now remember Megan you needed q tips…get away from the food.
- Hmmm beauty products where you at girl?
- Oooo I love these face masks..two dollars? I’ll take 3!
- Where are those q tips at??
- I swear they hide them from me.
- Trying to be difficult now are we target?
- Why you gotta do me like that?
- After all we’ve been through together?!
- FOUND THEM.
- God WHY didn’t I get a basket.
- Almost done though, almost.
- Wait I’m out of mascara.
- I’ll just get one real quick.
- New spring nail polishes? Yes please!
- What are those over there?
- Five dollar coffee mugs with cute little sayings?!
- I’ll take two!!
- Keep walking Megan…we’re almost done!!
- At least you got your steps in today.
- Look at you go.
- Wait I’m out of post it notes..I’ll just grab a couple!
- Wow so many sharpie colors..I need these!!
- Do I need a greeting card?
- I mean my brothers birthday is coming up soon.
- Megan it’s in April.
- Yes but the beginning of April.
- You’ll be happy that you bought it now.
- Boom done!
- Now was there anything else I needed..
- Self check out it is!
- I’m way too awkward for an actual cashier.
- Drive safe…you too? We’re not going through that again.
- I’m just so efficient at this anyways.
- Better than any cashier honestly.
- 120 Dollars?!
- HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??!!
- Oh well Megan…just don’t take as many trips to Target this month.
- Laughs out loud.
- At least try, okay?
- God I hope I don’t drop this wine.
- I really needed a cart about now.
- Target should invent little robots to carry your ridiculously heavy bags out to your car for you.
- Wait…where are my keys…
- Oh found them!!
- Okay let’s just get everything in here…there we go…
- What a good trip!!
- OH MY GOD I FORGOT DOG FOOD!!