Sitting here surrounded by Christmas lights and Christmas music, I’m thinking about what to write next. It’s been hard getting inspired to write during the holidays, and figuring out exactly what I want to write about. So I did what every girl my age does when they’re looking for something, I searched Pinterest. I was so overwhelmed and excited at the same time, so many different writing prompts that I fell in love with and wanted to share. I was definitely nervous looking at some of them though, not thinking I could write about it, or thinking it would be hard to express my feelings on the subject.
That’s when I realized what I wanted to write about..
the things that challenge me..
the things that might be hard to put into words..
the things that excite me..
I came up with this idea to “Blog to 2018.”
There were 19 different writing prompts on this page that I had found, and 20 days until New Year’s Eve. So why not write every day until the New Year? There was one day missing however, so I got to choose my post for the last day of the year.
It will be hard, challenging, and some days it might push me out of my comfort zone.
And that’s so exciting to think about.
This year has been wonderful, and I couldn’t think of a better way to end it then writing every day leading up to the New Year.
My first prompt for this project is an about me post.
Some of my favorite things, random facts, and things that you might already know.
Let’s start with the basics…
Birthday: February 8th
Middle name: Nicole
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite animal: Monkey
Favorite drink: Coffee, Coffee, and more Coffee
Favorite Food: Mashed Potatoes
Favorite candy: Swedish Fish and Dark Chocolate
Favorite sport to watch: Baseball
Favorite sports team: Dodgers..duh
3 Fears: Spiders, Airplanes, and Heights
Something that makes you angry: People that don’t use their turning signals
Who makes you laugh the most: My brother
Go to karaoke song: Just a friend by Mario
Favorite childhood memory: Christmas morning at my grandparents house
What was your favorite subject in school: Science
Do you collect anything: Coffee mugs
If you had a warning label what would it say: Warning…talks FAST and OFTEN.
What celebrity would you like to meet for coffee: TSwizzle aka Taylor Swift
What did you want to be when you grew up: A lawyer (after watching Legally Blonde) or a Sports Journalist
Nickname growing up: Mega Moose
Favorite Book: The Fault in our Stars
Favorite chore: VACUUMING!
How many tattoos do you have: 5
Favorite Quote: “Have some fire, be unstoppable, be a force of nature.”
Favorite TV Shows
How I Met Your Mother
Parks and Recreation
Boy Meets World
Will and Grace
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Pretty Little Liars
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
500 Days of Summer
Save the Last Dance
Every Harry Potter Movie
There’s something about Mary
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
1. I know almost every Taylor Swift song by heart.
2. I have this weird thing with odd numbers..I hate them and I can’t have the TV volume or radio at an odd number.
3. I’ve never broken a bone.
4. I was so terrified of vampires when I was younger that I would sleep with the covers pulled over my neck just in case any were around.
5. I love cleaning. Seriously. It’s my favorite thing to do when I’m bored. Give me a good movie and I can clean and organize ANYTHING.
6. I’m 110% a morning person, I would wake up early over staying up late any day.
7. Don’t play a Drake song around me, unless you want to be amazed by the most spectacular rapping skills of all time…part sarcasm…part fact.
8. I chew on straws whenever I have them. In my coffee, water bottles, anything with a straw I’ll chew on it.
9. I hate hate hate hate black cats. It’s the only superstition I have.
10. My life goal is to go to every Major League Baseball stadium, buy a hat, and watch a game.
To sum this all up, hi I’m Megan. I love watching Netflix, drinking coffee, and rapping uncontrollably to Drake. I challenge you to write down some of your favorite things, seriously, it makes you so happy just thinking about the things that you love. I hope you enjoyed reading my first post of Blog to 2018. Make sure to come back tomorrow to see the writing prompt for the day.